3 de octubre de 2010

The dry spell

1. Dry spell:

To go for a period of time (usually longer than shorter) without something; sex, drugs, etc.

After every break up -specially one as unhealthy as this one- there's always a period of time in which, one of the parties -me- goes through something known as a "dry spell".

The dry spell is usually something that occurs while you're trying to get over the former object of affection (yeah... let's call 'em "objects") by filling the void he or she left with someone new. It's usually a work of the universe, but sometimes it can be you sabotaging yourself.

On this particular case -my case- it's me. I'm the one creating the whole dry spell effect.

Why? I don't know. I just can't get a hold of myself long enough to give another guy the chance to sweep me off my feet, I keep comparing these new guys to He-who-must-not-be-named... and to be perfectly honest, there's no comparison.

These are some of the cases I've come across with:

The hip-hopper with the low IQ:

The guy has the looks, has the style and he's very much interested, what he's lacking is the brains. He's absolutely unable to understand my jokes, to create an interesting conversation or to spell correctly.

The old soul:

This is the guy who thinks he has a lot to offer, and he does... if you're a 40 year old lady. He's SO boring that his actual idea of a fun date is to go some place with poor ilumination, zip wine and talk about his job.

The rockstar wannabe:

A guy who's so into his music career, that you're never sure if there's any space in his head to be interested in you. This guy asks me to go with him and his bandmates to a bar, to talk about his music, his future projects and, of course, my influence on the radio and the possibility to play his music.

The "ungay" guy

This guy is adorable, goodlooking, pays attention to detail... way too much attention to detail. He notices your hair, your clothes, your nails, your make up... All those things that most of the guys ignore, he points out all the time. He drives you insane.


I wonder, is this always going to be like this? Isn't there a guy out there that can live up to my expectations?... In the meantime, I think I'll stay away from the dating world for a while, seems to be the safest choice.

1 comentario:

Laura Ferreri dijo...

-->former object of affection (yeah... let's call 'em "objects") lmao esto pues.

i might just add that dry spells can actually be quite clarifying and even healthy...................lol yeah right.

nice post.